Saturday, May 10, 2014

Timoleague Abbey Paranormal Investigation 3rd May 2014



My team and I braved the elements on a wet, foggy night. I had three rookie team members with me so I picked a place that I felt would be safe and where I could keep an eye on everyone at once. Two of the rookies were nervous but determined to carry out the investigation. The other rookie was cool, calm and very capable. 

As we entered the Abbey I stopped to take a few digital photos. My camera battery died after three photos. I presumed that the batteries were dud, even though they were new batteries, and I just changed them for some fresh ones. 

It was so wet that most of the pictures are full of orbs. These are very disappointing, as I am sure they are simply moisture orbs caused by water on the lens and reflections off the constantly falling rain.
We began the investigation in the main part of the Abbey. After the rookies had settled down – and the frightened pigeons had come back to roost, we began filming. The night vision camcorder was a recent purchase but I had tested it thoroughly at home several times before the investigation. It had worked perfectly. 



The camcorder refused to record anything and kept switching itself off. The batteries were showing as being full and the setting were correct. I had been recording for a few minutes before I handed it over to one of the team and the camcorder showed that it was filming. The camera kept shutting down after a few minutes and we eventually had to abandon filming. I assumed that it was caused by the dampness. When I checked it after the investigation I found that it had only recorded for ten seconds and despite showing that it was recording each time it was restarted there was nothing on the disc apart from the ten seconds worth of darkness. 

I was calling out all the time, asking if there were any spirits present could they please make a noise, move something, touch one of us or somehow give us a sign. When I listened back to the audio I clearly heard a sound like water dropping loudly from a height. It was still raining heavily but this sound was completely different from other sounds around us and it only happened once.
We decided to move into another area as we were getting wet and cold. Several times I thought I heard movement and saw shadows out of the corner of my eye but the other members of the team were not able to confirm this.

We moved to the Infirmary. Whenever I have been in here I have always felt something pulling at the leg of my jeans. Tonight was no exception. I asked one of the team to stand where I normally stood to see if she felt it too. She said the only thing she felt was cold. 



I checked the temperature around her. I already knew that the temperature in the rest of the area was approximately 11.5 degrees Celsius. The temperature right beside her was 10 degrees. I called out and asked if anyone could affect the temperature and if so, could they bring it down to 6 degrees? 

The temperature began to drop. The other girls stood close by and both said they felt a cold spot near them. Temperature readings confirmed that the temperature around them had dropped to about 7.5 degrees. The rest of the area was still reading 11.5 degrees. 

I went back to monitoring the temperature around the first girl and asking if it could be dropped even further. It was down to 5.9 degrees at this time. Suddenly, it dropped to 3.9 degrees and then began to climb steadily back up until it reached 11.5 degrees.

It was still raining so we decided to take a break. As we headed back to the car, I was still carrying the digital thermometer. Suddenly it started taking readings. I assumed that I had somehow knocked the trigger and moved my hand further down, away from the trigger. To my surprise, as I watched, it began taking readings again. I could clearly see that my hand or fingers were nowhere near the trigger.

We went back to the car for refreshments and decided to call it a night at the Abbey and head to another location nearer to home.



A Seller's Guide to Successful Online Auctions

No comments:

Post a Comment