Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ballinacarriga Castle, Co Cork 14th April 2012

My first time out with the team -Echo Ghosthunters
I remember being nervous but very excited. I didn't know what to expect or how I would react.

The first thing I noticed was that the place was full of bats. I have never been a big fan of bats but these didn't bother me at all. They were flying around in the main hall downstairs but kept close to the ceiling.

We started the investigation on the top floor which was open to the elements. It was a fine but cool night and sounds from the local area were carried on the light breeze. Dogs barking, donkeys braying, car engines and the sound of the river all had to be somehow filtered out.

We asked anyone who wished to speak with us to come forward and show us a sign of their presence. The touch sensor alarm went off during this but we all agreed that it could have been caused by dampness.

I sensed an energy with us and the name Stephen came to me but as I had no scientific basis for this I simply used it to help guide the investigation without accepting it as proof of a presence.

We moved down to the next level and entered a small room with a low ceiling. Once again we called out for anyone to come forward. I felt a huge explosion of energy enter the room very quickly. The K11 meters did not react, so once again this was simply a personal experience.

We did get some K11 hits throughout the investigation but the energy seemed to be residual rather than intelligent.

We got some K11 hits in a narrow corridor and then moved downstairs to the main hall. The only strange thing down here was a scratching noise that seemed to be coming from inside the stone walls. Perhaps it was rats or other vermin.

All in all it was a great night and we had a lot of fun debunking various noises and anomalies.

Pictures and video from the night can be viewed here

No comments:

Post a Comment